This easy-to-use, environmentally-friendly, spray-on water repellent provides long-lasting protection on most concrete and masonry substrates with little to no change to the surface appearance. Ideal for concrete, brick, masonry, natural stone, artificial stone, pavers, stucco, split-face block, and more. This product does not harm landscape plantings, is vapor permeable (breathable), dries clear without changing the surface appearance, protects against water damage and de-icing salts, resists mold and mildew growth, and is safe for use around people, pets and plants.
- Ready to use - requires no mixing
- Water-based, non-toxic, non-flammable formula does not harm landscape plantings
- Safe and easy spray-on application with soap and water cleanup
- Ideal for use on concrete, brick, stucco, stone (natural and synthetic), EIFS, pavers and more
- Vapor permeable (breathable) water repellent prevents moisture being trapped behind the surface
- Protects against water damage, mold, mildew, and makes surface easier to keep clean
- Safe to walk on in as little as 1 hour
- Dries completely clear with little to no change to the surface appearance
- Contains zero VOCs
|Product Use||Concrete, Brick , Stone, Stucco, EIFS, Pavers|
|Coverage||100 to 300 sq ft depending on surface texture & porosity|
|Finish / Sheen||Natural / Clear|
|Dry Time||1 to 2 hours|
|Algae, Mold, Mildew Resistant||Yes|
|Number of Recommended Coats||2|
|Recommended Surfaces||Vertical, Horizontal|
|Application Temp||45F to 95F|
|Application Method||Airless Sprayer, Pump Sprayer|
|Clean Up||Soap & Water|
|VOC Level||0 g/l|
Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon
Concrete Smooth ……………… 300 – 400
Concrete Block Lt.Wt. ………… 75 – 150
Sand Block Cast Stone ………. 200 – 300
Brick Porous ……………………… 150 – 200
Stucco Smooth Finish ……….. 150 – 200
Concrete Textured ……………. 200 – 300
Concrete Block Dense ………. 150 – 200
Sandstone ………………………… 150 – 200
Brick Dense ………………………. 300 – 350
Stucco Rough Finish …………. 100 – 150
Can Can this product be applied with a roller?
Yes it can but it is much easier to apply using a pump sprayer or even a trigger sprayer. The viscosity of the liquid is barely thicker than water so it’s difficult to get enough of it to stay on a brush or roller for application.
Can this product be used on painted and unpainted cement mortar?
This product does not have a film-forming resin that cures on the surface but rather needs to be able to soak into the surface and an existing paint, repellent, or sealer would prevent that. It will definitely work on unpainted cement and mortar.
How does this product clean up?
This product is actually a water-based silicone emulsion which cleans up easily with just water and soap. If it’s been allowed to dry it might take something like mineral spirits but typically a mild cleaner will do the job.
Can this product be used indoors to seal a concrete slab floor before installing vinyl plank flooring?
It can definitely be used for that but, if you are gluing the vinyl plank to the floor, you would not want to use our product first. It would prevent the glue from adhering to the concrete.
Can this product be used on a painted outdoor concrete statue?
The only issue would be if the paint will allow this to penetrate into the statue. This product does not contain a film-forming resin so it has to soak into the substrate to be effective.
Is this product plant and animal safe? Can I use it to seal bird baths and planters?
The product is great to use on wood or concrete planters and is safe enough for a bird bath but will not last as long on the bird bath a an actual film-forming coating because it’s not designed to have water on it constantly.
Can this product be used on stamped concrete?
As long as the concrete has not been sealed and will allow water to soak into it our product will work really well with it. It does not form a film on the surface but rather penetrates into the concrete to provide protection without changing the surface appearance.
How often does this product need to be reapplied?
The product will last 5 years or longer on most vertical surfaces but might need to be reapplied every 2 to 3 years on horizontal surfaces. Of course the substrate, condition of the surface, and climate will have an impact on that time frame.
If excessive mold/mildew or dirt is present it is recommended to use EA-SafeClean prior to treatment.
Before applying EA Siloxane all surfaces should be clean and free from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, coatings, mildew, mold, algae, other water repellents or any other contaminants. If efflorescence (white residue) is present, wash surface with cleaner and/or pressurized water. Rinse any cleaning product thoroughly from the substrate. Surfaces may be cleaned by any agreeable method such as: Power wash, sweep, deck cleaners, stain removers / strippers.
How to Apply
- Apply EA Siloxane using low pressure spray equipment. To avoid atomizing product, use a spray tip size of .035 to .051.
- Apply uniformly and avoid over application. Heavy runs and drips should be either brushed into the surface or removed with a rag or mop. On extremely porous substrates, two applications will provide superior application.
- For interior applications it might be necessary to scrub floors after the product dries to remove any excess material from the surface that might cause slickness.
- If needed, apply a second coat immediately after the first coat has penetrated. Control application so that the second coat is applied within a few minutes after the first coat appears dry.
Thoroughly wash all equipment and clothing after use. Application equipment may be cleaned with soap and water. Also, clean any unwanted overspray immediately with water. A cleaner may be needed but water should be enought to wash product off of glass, metal, etc.Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon