EA Concrete/Masonry Water Repellent – 16 oz. Concentrate
Liquid Concentrate/Makes 1 Gal. of commercial-strength water repellent when mixed with clean water. This easy-to-use, environmentally-friendly, spray-on water repellent provides long-lasting protection on most concrete and masonry substrates with little to no change to the surface appearance. Ideal for concrete, brick, masonry, natural stone, artificial stone, pavers, stucco, split-face block and more. This product does not harm landscape plantings, is vapor permeable (breathable), dries clear without changing the surface appearance, protects against water damage and de-icing salts, resists mold and mildew growth and is safe for use around people, pets and plants.
- Liquid concentrate formula makes 1 Gal. of commercial grade water repellent
- Water-based, non-toxic, non-flammable formula does not harm landscape plantings
- Safe and easy spray-on application with soap and water cleanup
- Ideal for use on concrete, brick, stucco, stone (natural and synthetic), EIFS, pavers and more
- Vapor permeable (breathable) water repellent prevents moisture being trapped behind the surface
- Protects against water damage, mold, mildew and makes surface easier to keep clean
- Safe to walk on in as little as 1-hour, cures in 24-hours
- Dries completely clear with no change to the surface appearance
- Contains zero VOCs
Eco Advance Siloxane Concrete & Masonry Water repellent Liquid Concentrate is the most effective, easy-to-apply, eco-friendly, long-lasting water repellents available. This product differs from most repellents because of its vapor transmission abilities which allow for long-term product and substrate performance. This allows substrates to still cure and prevents moisture from being trapped which can lead to a rapid degredation of the substrate.
|Product Use||Concrete, Brick , Stone, Stucco, EIFS, Pavers|
|Coverage||100 to 300 sq ft.|
|Finish / Sheen||Natural / Clear|
|Dry Time||1 to 2 hours|
|Algae, Mold, Mildew Resistant||Yes|
|Number of Recommended Coats||2|
|Recommended Surfaces||Vertical, Horizontal|
|Application Temp||45F to 95F|
|Application Method||Airless Sprayer, Pump Sprayer|
|Clean Up||Soap & Water|
|VOC Level||0 g/l|
Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon
Concrete Smooth ……………… 300 – 400
Concrete Block Lt.Wt. ………… 75 – 150
Sand Block Cast Stone ………. 200 – 300
Brick Porous ……………………… 150 – 200
Stucco Smooth Finish ……….. 150 – 200
Concrete Textured ……………. 200 – 300
Concrete Block Dense ………. 150 – 200
Sandstone ………………………… 150 – 200
Brick Dense ………………………. 300 – 350
Stucco Rough Finish …………. 100 – 150
Does this product dry matte or gloss?
This is a penetrating sealer / water repellent and does not contain a resin so it will soak into the substrate and completely disappear when fully dried.
Is this product available with color enhancer?
No it is not. This product is designed to soak into the surface without making any visible change to the color or sheen.
What is the dry time for this product?
The surface should be “dry” in about an hour or two depending on ambient humidity and temperature. It is okay to walk on it as soon as the surface appears dry but we recommend at least 24 hours cure time before you allow it to get wet.
Is this product suitable for sealing a concrete bird bath?
While the product is safe enough you really need to use something that will form a film over the surface. This product is not designed for constant hydrostatic pressure so it would work but would not hold up very long before it would need to be reapplied.
How often should this product be reapplied?
You shouldn’t have to apply it any more often than every three to five years. In some instances yet will last longer in rare cases it needs to be applied after only two years. Each subsequent application just reinforces what has already penetrated into the surface.
What is the best way to apply this product?
The easiest and most effective way to apply is using a garden pump sprayer. You can use a brush or roller but the viscosity of this product is very similar to water so it is very difficult to get enough to stay on to allow for adequate saturation.
Can this product be used to seal painted outdoor concrete statues?
This product would work great on concrete statues but, if they have been painted, it will not be able to penetrate into the surface so it is not recommended.
Does this product work to keep mold, mildew, and dirt from building up on flagstone and mortar?
It wont prevent mold, mildew and dirt from accumulating on the surface but it will aid in keeping those contaminants from attaching or penetrating into the surface. This makes it much easier to keep the surface clean without having to use a pressure washer or chemical cleaners.
If excessive mold/mildew or dirt is present it is recommended to use EA-SafeClean prior to treatment.
Before applying EA Siloxane all surfaces should be clean and free from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, coatings, mildew, mold, algae, other water repellents or any other contaminants. If efflorescence (white residue) is present, wash surface with cleaner and/or pressurized water. Rinse any cleaning product thoroughly from the substrate. Surfaces may be cleaned by any agreeable method such as: Power wash, sweep, deck cleaners, stain removers / strippers.
How to Apply
- Mix EA Siloxane Concentrate into one gallon container or sprayer with clean water.
- Apply EA Siloxane using low pressure spray equipment. To avoid atomizing product, use a spray tip size of .035 to .051.
- Apply uniformly and avoid over application. Heavy runs and drips should be either brushed into the surface or removed with a rag or mop. On extremely porous substrates, two applications will provide superior application.
- For interior applications it might be necessary to scrub floors after the product dries to remove any excess material from the surface that might cause slickness.
- If needed, apply a second coat immediately after the first coat has penetrated. Control application so that the second coat is applied within a few minutes after the first coat appears dry.
Thoroughly wash all equipment and clothing after use. Application equipment may be cleaned with soap and water. Also, clean any unwanted overspray immediately with water. A cleaner may be needed but water should be enought to wash product off of glass, metal, etc.Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon