|Product Use||Concrete, Brick , Stone, Stucco, EIFS, Pavers|
|Coverage||500 to 1500 sq ft depending on surface texture & porosity|
|Finish / Sheen||Natural / Clear|
|Dry Time||1 to 2 hours|
|Algae, Mold, Mildew Resistant||Yes|
|Number of Recommended Coats||2|
|Recommended Surfaces||Vertical, Horizontal|
|Application Temp||45F to 95F|
|Application Method||Airless Sprayer, Pump Sprayer|
|Clean Up||Soap & Water|
Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon
Concrete Smooth ……………… 300 – 400
Concrete Block Lt.Wt. ………… 75 – 150
Sand Block Cast Stone ………. 200 – 300
Brick Porous ……………………… 150 – 200
Stucco Smooth Finish ……….. 150 – 200
Concrete Textured ……………. 200 – 300
Concrete Block Dense ………. 150 – 200
Sandstone ………………………… 150 – 200
Brick Dense ………………………. 300 – 350
Stucco Rough Finish …………. 100 – 150
Ready-to-use requires no additional mixing
- Ideal for use on concrete, brick, stucco, stone (natural and synthetic), EIFS, pavers and more
- Does not harm landscape plantings
- Vapor permeable (breathable) water repellent can be used on new concrete and masonry
- Provides protection against UV degradation
- Dries clear without changing the surface appearance
- Protects against water damage, oil, stains, mold, mildew, de-icing salts and pool/spa chemicals
- Water-based, non-toxic, non-flammable formula can be used in cold temperatures down to 34 degrees F
Can this product be used on a fountain?
This can be used in a fountain but it will not last as long as a film-forming coating. This product is designed to penetrate into the surface and provide water repellency and not for constant hydrostatic pressure.
Can this product be used on my pool?
This will work for the decking around your pool as long as it is not sealed but it does not contain a film-forming resin like a “coating” so it needs to be able to soak into the surface being treated. It penetrates the surface instead of sitting on the surface and it’s also not ideal for constant water pressure for the underwater pool surfaces.
Will this product cause my concrete driveway to be slippery when wet?
The product penetrates into the concrete and, unless you really over-apply to the point that it cannot soak into the substrate, it will not affect the surface appearance or make it slippery at all.
Is this product UV resistant?
It doesn’t offer any UV resistance. This product does not form a film on the surface but rather penetrates into it to provide water repellency. You might need to look at coatings for that type of protection.
Can I paint over this product?
Unfortunately this will make it very difficult for paint to adhere to the surface so it is not recommended.
Will this product work on the interior of stone basement walls as a waterproofing?
This product is mainly designed for exterior use to prevent water from going into the surface. If you’re trying to keep water from coming through the exterior into the basement you would need something that would actually seal the stone surface. The Eco Advance product is vapor permeable which means that it breathes in one direction in repels liquids on the surface. It would definitely provide some protection but it’s not the ideal product for that purpose.
If excessive mold/mildew or dirt is present it is recommended to use EA-SafeClean prior to treatment.
Before applying EA Siloxane all surfaces should be clean and free from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, coatings, mildew, mold, algae, other water repellents or any other contaminants. If efflorescence (white residue) is present, wash surface with cleaner and/or pressurized water. Rinse any cleaning product thoroughly from the substrate. Surfaces may be cleaned by any agreeable method such as: Power wash, sweep, deck cleaners, stain removers / strippers.
How to Apply
- Apply EA Siloxane using low pressure spray equipment. To avoid atomizing product, use a spray tip size of .035 to .051.
- EA Siloxane can also be applied with a brush, roller, or mop but spraying is recommended.
- Apply uniformly and avoid over application. Heavy runs and drips should be either brushed into the surface or removed with a rag or mop. On extremely porous substrates, two applications will provide superior application.
- For interior applications it might be necessary to scrub floors after the product dries to remove any excess material from the surface that might cause slickness.
- If needed, apply a second coat immediately after the first coat has penetrated. Control application so that the second coat is applied within a few minutes after the first coat appears dry.
Thoroughly wash all equipment and clothing after use. Application equipment may be cleaned with soap and water. Also, clean any unwanted overspray immediately with water. A cleaner may be needed but water should be enought to wash product off of glass, metal, etc.Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon