|Product Use||Exterior Wood|
|Coverage||100 to 300 sq ft.|
|Finish / Sheen||Natural / Clear|
|Dry Time||1 to 2 hours|
|Algae, Mold, Mildew Resistant||Yes|
|Number of Recommended Coats||2|
|Recommended Surfaces||Vertical, Horizontal|
|Application Temp||45F to 95F|
|Application Method||Airless Sprayer, Pump Sprayer|
|Clean Up||Soap & Water|
|Available Packaging||1 Gallon , 5 Gallon, 30 Gallon, 50 Gallon, 275 Gallon|
Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon
Rough Sawn Wood …………… 150 – 250
Smooth Sawn Wood …………. 300 – 400
Wood Shingles ……………….… 100 – 200
Plywood ………………………….… 300 – 360
Ready-to-use requires no additional mixing
- Ideal for use on wood decking, wood fence, gondolas/pergolas, plywood, wood siding, wood shingles and more.
- Does not harm landscape plantings
- Vapor permeable (breathable) water repellent can be used on new concrete and masonry
- Provides protection against UV degradation
- Dries clear without changing the surface appearance
- Protects against water damage, oil, stains, mold, mildew, de-icing salts and pool/spa chemicals
- Water-based, non-toxic, non-flammable formula can be used in cold temperatures down to 34 degrees F
Can you paint over this product?
Unfortunately not. This product needs to be able to soak into the wood because it is a penetrating sealer and does not harden on the surface like a solid coating or paint would. You might want to look at a poly or acrylic clear coating if you’re going over the top of a painted surface.
If this product is applied to one side of plywood, does it prevent water from getting in through both directions?
You would need to spray both sides. If the plywood is being used as decking then just treating the side that would be exposed to the elements should be sufficient.
Can this product be tinted?
Unfortunately the silicone emulsion will not allow dyes or stains to blend or mix for any period of time.
Does this product make patios slippery when wet?
Not unless you really over apply it. Even then you can just come back with pressurized water and rinse the excess off of the surface.
What are the ingredients in this product?
The product is a silicone emulsion with a water base. A surfactant is added to the mixture to allow the silicone to easily blend with water . . . this takes the place of having to use harsh solvents. The surfactant will begin to rinse and leach out of the surface after application and all that is left is the reactive silicone emulsion.
Should I apply a primer after applying this product?
I would not recommend putting this product down prior to the application of a primer or coating because this will make it very difficult for any surface sealer/coating to penetrate into the surface enough to obtain adequate adhesion.
Should a brush be used to apply this product?
We do not recommend using a brush or roller but instead you should use a airless sprayer such as a garden pump sprayer. This product has the viscosity of straight water so it’s very difficult to get enough of it to stay on a brush to allow you to properly saturate the substrate.
If excessive mold/mildew or dirt is present it is recommended to use EA-SafeClean prior to treatment.
Before applying EA Siloxane all surfaces should be clean and free from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, coatings, mildew, mold, algae, other water repellents or any other contaminants. If efflorescence (white residue) is present, wash surface with cleaner and/or pressurized water. Rinse any cleaning product thoroughly from the substrate. Surfaces may be cleaned by any agreeable method such as: Power wash, sweep, deck cleaners, stain removers / strippers.
How to Apply
- Apply EA Siloxane using low pressure spray equipment. To avoid atomizing product, use a spray tip size of .035 to .051.
- EA Siloxane can also be applied with a brush, roller, or mop but spraying is recommended.
- Apply uniformly and avoid over application. Heavy runs and drips should be either brushed into the surface or removed with a rag or mop. On extremely porous substrates, two applications will provide superior application.
- For interior applications it might be necessary to scrub floors after the product dries to remove any excess material from the surface that might cause slickness.
- If needed, apply a second coat immediately after the first coat has penetrated. Control application so that the second coat is applied within a few minutes after the first coat appears dry.
Thoroughly wash all equipment and clothing after use. Application equipment may be cleaned with soap and water. Also, clean any unwanted overspray immediately with water. A cleaner may be needed but water should be enought to wash product off of glass, metal, etc.Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon
Wood Deck Application
How to apply EA Siloxane Exterior Wood Waterproofer to an exterior wood deck.
More videos to come