|Product Use||Exterior Wood|
|Coverage||100 to 300 sq ft.|
|Finish / Sheen||Natural / Clear|
|Dry Time||1 to 2 hours|
|Algae, Mold, Mildew Resistant||Yes|
|Number of Recommended Coats||2|
|Recommended Surfaces||Vertical, Horizontal|
|Application Temp||45F to 95F|
|Application Method||Airless Sprayer, Pump Sprayer|
|Clean Up||Soap & Water|
|VOC Level||0 g/l|
|Available Packaging||16 ounce Concentrate (makes 1 gallon), 64ounce Concentrate (makes 5 gallons), 1 Gallon Pre-Dilute , 5 Gallon Pre-Dilute|
Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon
Rough Sawn Wood …………… 150 – 250
Smooth Sawn Wood …………. 300 – 400
Wood Shingles ……………….… 100 – 200
Plywood ………………………….… 300 – 360
Liquid concentrate formula makes 1 gallon of commercial grade water repellent when mixed with clean water
- Ideal for use on wood decking, wood fence, gondolas/pergolas, plywood, wood siding, wood shingles and more.
- Does not harm landscape plantings
- Vapor permeable (breathable) water repellent can be used on new concrete and masonry
- Provides protection against UV degradation
- Dries clear without changing the surface appearance
- Protects against water damage, oil, stains, mold, mildew, de-icing salts and pool/spa chemicals
- Water-based, non-toxic, non-flammable formula can be used in cold temperatures down to 34 degrees F
Can this product be used on patio cushions or fabric?
This is a silicone-based product and I would not recommend using it for fabric. There are products specifically designed for that purpose which usually contain a fluoro-surfactant which will not change the appearance of the material.
How often does this need to be reapplied?
The effectiveness of the product should last 2 to 3 years on horizontal surfaces and 3 to 5 years on vertical. Even when the product needs to be re-applied the existing application is still present . . . it has just pushed deeper into the substrate which makes additional applications even more effective.
Does this product cause the wood to grey? Are there any color choices available?
This product goes on and dries completely clear but will allow the wood to naturally gray over time. Unfortunately there are no color choices with this product.
Can this product be used on painted wood?
Unfortunately not. This product does not contain a film-forming resin so it has to be able to penetrate into the surface in order to provide protection. The paint would more than likely repel it as it would any other liquid.
Does this product have any harmful effects on plants, such as vegetables?
This product works great on raised gardens and is perfectly safe. You will want to spray it down really well and wait at least 24 hours before allowing it to get wet. The product contains a surfactant which allows the siloxane material to be water-friendly so we don’t have to add harsh solvents. As soon as you spray the product onto the wood the surfactant will begin to “leach out”. You can speed this up by spraying the wood and rinsing this out 24 to 48 hours after treatment.
Can this product be used to waterproof an outdoor wood sculpture?
If the wood is porous enough to soak up the product it should work just fine. This is not a film-forming coating so it needs to be able to penetrate into the wood to be effective. An added benefit of this is that it shouldn’t change the surface appearance of the wood at all.
Can this product be used on treated wood?
It can be used on pressure treated but I would recommend allowing the wood to be exposed to the elements for 2 to 3 weeks before application. Also, if this is new wood you might want to slightly dampen the surface prior to application because newer pressure treated lumber does not always want to soak in moisture because it has some inherent water repellency but not enough to really protect the wood.
If excessive mold/mildew or dirt is present it is recommended to use EA-SafeClean prior to treatment.
Before applying EA Siloxane all surfaces should be clean and free from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, coatings, mildew, mold, algae, other water repellents or any other contaminants. If efflorescence (white residue) is present, wash surface with cleaner and/or pressurized water. Rinse any cleaning product thoroughly from the substrate. Surfaces may be cleaned by any agreeable method such as: Power wash, sweep, deck cleaners, stain removers / strippers.
How to Apply
- Mix EA Siloxane Concentrate into one gallon container or sprayer with clean water.
- Apply EA Siloxane using low pressure spray equipment. To avoid atomizing product, use a spray tip size of .035 to .051.
- EA Siloxane can also be applied with a brush, roller, or mop but spraying is recommended.
- Apply uniformly and avoid over application. Heavy runs and drips should be either brushed into the surface or removed with a rag or mop. On extremely porous substrates, two applications will provide superior application.
- For interior applications it might be necessary to scrub floors after the product dries to remove any excess material from the surface that might cause slickness.
- If needed, apply a second coat immediately after the first coat has penetrated. Control application so that the second coat is applied within a few minutes after the first coat appears dry.
Thoroughly wash all equipment and clothing after use. Application equipment may be cleaned with soap and water. Also, clean any unwanted overspray immediately with water. A cleaner may be needed but water should be enought to wash product off of glass, metal, etc.Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon
Wood Deck Application
How to apply EA Siloxane Exterior Wood Waterproofer to an exterior wood deck.
More videos to come