|Product Use||Exterior Wood|
|Coverage||500 to 1500 sq ft depending on surface texture & porosity|
|Finish / Sheen||Natural|
|Dry Time||1 to 2 hours|
|Algae, Mold, Mildew Resistant||Yes|
|Number of Recommended Coats||2|
|Recommended Surfaces||Vertical, Horizontal|
|Application Temp||34F to 100F|
|Application Method||Airless Sprayer, Pump Sprayer|
|Clean Up||Soap & Water|
|VOC Level||<10 g/l|
|Available Packaging||1 Gallon , 5 Gallon, 30 Gallon, 50 Gallon, 275 Gallon|
Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon
Rough Sawn Wood …………… 150 – 250
Smooth Sawn Wood …………. 300 – 400
Wood Shingles ……………….… 100 – 200
Plywood ………………………….… 300 – 360
Ready-to-use requires no additional mixing
- Ideal for use on wood decking, wood fence, gondolas/pergolas, plywood, wood siding, wood shingles and more.
- Does not harm landscape plantings
- Vapor permeable (breathable) water repellent can be used on new concrete and masonry
- Provides protection against UV degradation
- Dries clear without changing the surface appearance
- Protects against water damage, oil, stains, mold, mildew, de-icing salts and pool/spa chemicals
- Water-based, non-toxic, non-flammable formula can be used in cold temperatures down to 34 degrees F
Do you mix this product with water when spraying?
The 5 gallon and 1 gallon are already pre-diluted and do not require any mixing or additional diluting with water.
Will this product keep the wood from greying?
This product will do nothing to prevent natural silvering of the wood.
Can you use an exterior latex paint after applying this product?
Unfortunately this product would prevent any other sealer, paint, or coatings from bonding or soaking into the surface.
Will this product work on concrete?
Yes it will. The wood and concrete formulas are very similar and are interchangeable.
Can this product be used on interior wood?
The product can be used indoors but I’m not sure if it’s the right product for what you are needing. This is a breathable water repellent so it is designed to allow the wood to breathe and prevents water from penetrating into the treated surface. It would definitely improve your situation but it’s probably not the best product for this.
Does this product come in tints?
Unfortunately this product is only available in clear.
What is the best way to apply this product?
The absolute best way to apply this is with a pump sprayer. Since this product does not contain a film-forming resin as a paint or other coating, application with a roller or brush is very tedious and makes it difficult to properly saturate the surface. When spraying you want to try not to overspray onto other surfaces as much as possible but it will not harm grass or other landscape plantings and it also does not hurt to get onto brick, stone, stucco, concrete, etc. If you get it on glass just clean it off with water (soap may be needed) before it has a chance to thoroughly dry.
If excessive mold/mildew or dirt is present it is recommended to use EA-SafeClean prior to treatment.
Before applying EA Siloxane all surfaces should be clean and free from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, coatings, mildew, mold, algae, other water repellents or any other contaminants. If efflorescence (white residue) is present, wash surface with cleaner and/or pressurized water. Rinse any cleaning product thoroughly from the substrate. Surfaces may be cleaned by any agreeable method such as: Power wash, sweep, deck cleaners, stain removers / strippers.
How to Apply
- Apply EA Siloxane using low pressure spray equipment. To avoid atomizing product, use a spray tip size of .035 to .051.
- EA Siloxane can also be applied with a brush, roller, or mop but spraying is recommended.
- Apply uniformly and avoid over application. Heavy runs and drips should be either brushed into the surface or removed with a rag or mop. On extremely porous substrates, two applications will provide superior application.
- For interior applications it might be necessary to scrub floors after the product dries to remove any excess material from the surface that might cause slickness.
- If needed, apply a second coat immediately after the first coat has penetrated. Control application so that the second coat is applied within a few minutes after the first coat appears dry.
Thoroughly wash all equipment and clothing after use. Application equipment may be cleaned with soap and water. Also, clean any unwanted overspray immediately with water. A cleaner may be needed but water should be enought to wash product off of glass, metal, etc.Material …Approx Coverage per diluted Gallon
Wood Deck Application
How to apply EA Siloxane Exterior Wood Waterproofer to an exterior wood deck.
More videos to come